Terms and Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions the term 'Exhibitor' means any person, firm or company who has made an application for and who has been granted a stand space at an exhibition. The term 'Exhibition' means the event detailed when booking. The term 'Organiser' means Wedding-Exhibitions-UK or WedEXUK
The Exhibitor must not display any exhibits or merchandise in addition to or in place of those described when booking, without the prior written permission of the Organiser. Advertising literature or other products not relating to the Exhibitor’s business must not be displayed or distributed from either the stand space or anywhere else within the Exhibition venue. Any items found outside of the exhibitor’s stand space will be removed.
- CANCELLATION OF STAND SPACE:
(1) If the Exhibitor wishes to cancel the stand space booking after acceptance by the Organiser, or alternatively the Exhibitor fails to meet any of the payment obligations (whether as to the amounts or the dates of payment – see Clause 7 below) detailed when booking, then the Organiser reserves the right (without being obliged to do so and without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Organiser) to apply the following cancellation/termination charge and to resell or reallocate such stand space:
Cancellation / termination occurring:
(a1) Between acceptance and 6 weeks prior to the Exhibition will result in loss of deposit.
(b2) Between 6 weeks and 4 weeks prior to the Exhibition will result in loss of deposit and 50% of the remaining balance including VAT.
(c3) Between 4 weeks and the date of event, cancellation charge of total outstanding balance including VAT.
(2) If the Exhibitor wishes to cancel the stand space booking then written notice must be forwarded to and received by the Organiser not later than the time scales referred to in (3) above. The Organiser shall not be obliged to accept the Exhibitor's notice of cancellation.
(3) The Organiser may resell or reallocate the cancelled stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation charge.
(3A) Booking protection.
In the event that an exhibitor has taken out such protection and wishes to cancel up to four weeks prior (four weeks excludes the day of the fair) any payments pertaining to a particular event will be refunded. Between four weeks and the date of the event clause C3 will apply and no refund is due.
- BANKRUPTCY OR LIQUIDATION OF EXHIBITOR:
If an Exhibitor being an individual or business becomes bankrupt, is issued with a receiving order or makes a creditors arrangement, or in the case of a Limited company goes into liquidation or has a receiver appointed, the Booking with the Exhibitor shall be terminated and the Cancellation terms and charges detailed in Clause 3 above shall be applied.
- BUILD-UP AND BREAK-DOWN:
The Exhibitor must adhere to the set-up times stipulated in the exhibition set-up information. In the event that the Exhibitor fails to remove all their property, furniture and waste material from the Exhibition venue by the end of the contracted break-down time on the final day, these items will be removed and the Exhibitor will be solely liable for all costs incurred in such removal, storage and/or disposal. Neither the Organiser, the venue nor any of the show contractors will be liable for any damage to such property or any loss incurred by the Exhibitor in these circumstances. Under no circumstances must an exhibitor break their stand down before the time in the set-up information, unless agreed by the Organiser.
- PROHIBITION OF TRANSFER:
The Exhibitor must not assign/sub-let whole or any part of the stand space allocated to them without the prior written permission of the Organiser.
- PAYMENT OF STAND SPACE:
A non-refundable/non-transferable deposit as specified when Booking, must be provided by the Exhibitor before the stand space is confirmed. The final balance of any Booking is payable no later than 3 weeks prior to any Exhibition. If payments are not made by the Exhibitor in accordance with the schedule specified when Booking, then the Organiser reserves the right to apply the scale of cancellation/termination charges to the total cost as detailed in Section 3. The Organiser may resell or reallocate the stand space but shall be under no obligation to reimburse any part of the cancellation/ termination charge. The Exhibitor shall however remain fully liable for any amount outstanding under the Booking.
- PROMOTION AND PRESENTATION:
The Organiser shall have sole discretion organising and promoting the Exhibition in such manner as considered appropriate and reserves the right to amend or vary the manner or methods of such organisation and promotion without explanation or liability. Any statements made by or on behalf of the Organiser as to attendance projections or methods or timing of promotional activities shall constitute only general indications of the Organiser’s promotion and organising strategy and shall not amount to any representation or warranty.
- POSTPONEMENT, ABANDONMENT OR CANCELLATION:
(1) In the event of any abandonment, postponement, cancellation, relocation or limitation of the Exhibition, any restriction on the use of the premises or any part thereof, or any failure of the services provided therein, the Exhibitor or his agents or contractors shall have no claim whatsoever against the Organiser in respect of any resulting loss or damage and the Exhibitor's liabilities to the Organiser shall not in any-way be affected.
(2) The Organiser accepts no responsibility if delivery of goods and materials or the execution of work is held up or prevented by any cause beyond their control, including without liability the generality of the following:
(a) Strike, lock-out, labour disturbance or restriction;
(b) Failure by the Exhibitor, his agents or contractors to give instructions or supply the necessary stand plans in due time.
- EXHIBITOR & CONSEQUENTIAL LIABILITY / LOSS:
(1) The Exhibitor hereby accepts total liability for all acts or omissions of himself, his business, directors, employees, servants, contractors, agents and visitors, and undertakes to indemnify the Organiser against any and all liability in respect thereof and against any and all actions, legal suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses whatsoever, which may be taken or made against the Organiser or incurred or become payable, which arise therefrom or in respect thereof. This includes any and all claims arising from death, personal injury and the supply by the Exhibitor of merchandise or samples of any kind whether such items be sold or complimentary, plus any and all legal costs, compensation, disbursements and expenses should these be paid by the Organiser on the advice of Counsel to compromise or settle any such claims.
(2) Neither the Organiser, venue owner, contractor nor any of their employees shall be responsible for the safety of any exhibit or property of any Exhibitor or any other person, or for the loss or damage of or destruction to the same by theft, fire or any other cause whatsoever, or for any and all loss or damage incurred or sustained by the Exhibitor by reason of any defect in the venue building or structure caused by fire, storm, tempest, lightning, national emergency, war, terrorism, labour dispute, strike or lock-out, civil disturbance, explosion, accident, force majeure, or any other cause not within the control of the Organiser, whether foreseeable or not, or for any consequential or financial loss or damage caused by reason of any such event happening or the building becomes wholly or partially unavailable for the Exhibition.
- FAILURE TO TURN UP TO THE EXHIBITION:
If an Exhibitor fails to turn up to the Exhibition, for reasons including inclement weather, sickness to one’s self or family member, mechanical breakdown or any other reason not detailed in the brief description above then the full balance including VAT will be payable.
No videography or photography of the Fashion Show or Exhibitors within the Exhibition is permitted unless agreed in advance by the Organiser. Any such videography or photography should bare the organisers logo.
Please be aware that once you have completed the Booking and paid your deposit this is non-refundable and non-transferable. Your remaining balance is due 3 weeks before the event. If the remaining balance is not paid before the event you may lose your stand (please see our terms and conditions section 3)